1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. Sponsor: The Under Armour Storm the Centre Competition (the "Competition") is promoted by Under Armour Canada (“UA”), 215 Shields Court, Suite 1, Markham, ON L3R 8V2 (the “Sponsor” or “UA”),Oilers Entertainment Group Canada Corp. (“OEG”), and Edmonton Oilers Hockey Corp. (“Edmonton Oilers”), 10214, 104 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5J 4Y8, Canada (OEG and Edmonton Oilers are collectively the “Prize Supplier”).
3. Eligibility: Competition is open only to Bantam-aged hockey teams (each a “Team”). All boys and girls city and high school hockey teams whose players were born between January 1, 2003 and December 31, 2004 and whose Teams’ home arena postal code is located within seventy-five (75) km of the corporate limits of the City of Edmonton at the time of entry (complete list of eligible postal codes to be displayed at edmontonoilers.com/stormthecentre) are eligible.
Divisions include but are not limited to A, B, C, AAA, AA, BB, CC, and high school teams.
Registration to enter the Competition may only be submitted by an individual who is the age of majority and authorized to act on behalf of the Team (each an “Entrant”). Sponsor will accept the Team’s registration upon (a) Sponsor’s receipt of all completed team information fields by the Entrant (the “Team Authorization”), authorizing the Team’s participation in the Competition; (b) confirmation to Sponsor’s reasonable satisfaction that the Team information has been provided by an authorized representative of the Team; and (c) receipt by Sponsor of Consents, Releases and Waivers of the parent or legal guardians of all Team members related to entry and participation in the Competition. Participation constitutes the full and unconditional agreement of individual participants, the parents/legal guardians of individual participants and the Team to these Terms and Conditions and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Competition.
Employees of the Sponsor, Prize Supplier, the National Hockey League (“NHL”) and its Member Teams, NHL Enterprises Canada L.P and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (altogether the “Released Parties”) as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employees are not eligible to enter the Competition.
The Competition is subject at all times to all applicable laws within the Province of Alberta.
Registration period for the Competition will begin at 12:00 a.m. (ET) on October 2, 2017 and ends at 12:00 a.m. (ET) on November 18, 2017. The Armour Cup Day will take place on or about December 19, 2017.
4. Registration: To register a Team for the Competition, go to Edmontonoilers.com/stormthecentre (the “Website”) and follow the directions to complete team contact and authorization information. Each Team that meets the conditions set out in section 3 above will be assigned a web page (the “Storm the Centre Page”).
5. The Competition: In order to compete in the Competition, Teams will compete in challenges assigned by the Sponsor and will be required to upload content showing the Team’s completion of the challenge to their assigned Storm the Centre Page. Teams will be alerted/reminded of challenges via e-mail, using email address entered at time of registration, and the individual challenges will be available online at Edmontonoilers.com/stormthecentre/challenges. Each Team will receive credit for completing the challenges depending on the level of creativity and enthusiasm of the Team and the quality of the content uploaded to that Team’s Storm the Centre Page as judged by the Sponsor. Teams can earn credit through videos uploaded by coaches, parents, and players.
Uploaded content must conform to the restrictions set out in Section 6 below. The Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, whether content uploaded to the Team’s Storm the Centre Page qualifies for credit.
6. Competition Content Restrictions: Content uploaded by the Team must conform to the following content restrictions:
Sponsor and Prize Supplier may delete or modify any uploaded content that, in Sponsor and Prize Supplier’s opinion, violates the above content restrictions. The Team who uploaded the content is solely responsible for ensuring that all Content complies with the rules of their league.
7. Judging Criteria: The judging criteria (set forth below) and winner advancement/determination will be applied in the sole discretion of UA.
The advancing Teams will be selected by a panel of judges comprised of representatives from the Sponsor, based upon the following criteria:
Dates and locations are in the sole discretion of the Sponsor and are subject to change at any time.
8. Prizing: A range of prizing will be distributed beginning the second week of the Competition as set forth below.
Weekly Prizes: (Total value $10,980.00 CAD)
Throughout the first 5 weeks of prizing, one (1) Team per week will be featured on the Website as “The Team of the Week.” The Team of the Week will be selected based on the creativity and enthusiasm displayed in the uploaded content. Each week a different prize will be awarded to “The Team of the Week”. The judging criteria will be applied in the sole discretion of Sponsor and the individual judges. By entering the Contest, contestants acknowledge that such evaluations may differ from person to person and agree to be bound by and not challenge the final decisions of Sponsor and the individual judges.
Armour Cup (the “Ultimate Prize”): (Total value $6,225.00 CAD)
Note: Dates and details of Ultimate Prize execution to be determined by Sponsor and Prize Supplier in their sole discretion.
The approximate retail value of all prizes throughout the duration of the competition: $17,205.00 CAD total.
Before being awarded any of the prizes or being permitted to participate in the Ultimate Prize, all members of the winning Teams, or, in the case of players, parents/legal guardians of the players, must provide the Sponsor and Prize Supplier with a Declaration of Compliance with the Competition rules and a Release of Liability releasing the Released Parties from any and all liability in connection with: (a) participation in the Competition; (b) the acceptance and use of any prizes awarded in the Competition; and (c) the administration of the Competition by the Sponsor and Prize Supplier, including (without limitation) the selection of prize winners or the distribution of prizes awarded in this Competition.
Prizes are non-transferable and have no cash value. No substitution will be made, except, in case of the unavailability of the prize or a prize component, Prize Supplier reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value. If a Team cannot accept the prize as stated, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor and Prize Supplier reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to award such prize to an alternate Team or not to award the unclaimed prize. Sponsor and Prize Supplier shall have no responsibility or obligation to the winning Team or potential winning Team that is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the prize as described herein.
All incidental costs and expenses not specifically included in the description of the Competition or any Prize, including, without limitation, Team transportation to and from Rogers Place or Community Rink, hockey equipment, food and beverages, incidental and personal expenses, souvenirs and items of a personal nature are the sole responsibility of the competing Teams and their respective participants and coaches.
9. Release: By participating in the Competition, Entrants and parents/legal guardians of all Team participants agree to release and hold harmless, to the extent permitted by law, the Released Parties from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Competition or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Use of Photograph/Publicity Participation in the Competition constitutes permission for the Sponsor and the Released Parties to use any Team and/or participants’ names and likenesses for display on Edmontonoilers.com/stormthecentre and as well as for advertising and promotional purposes without compensation except to the extent prohibited by law. By registering a Team, except to the extent prohibited by law, each Entrant/Team hereby expressly grants to UA and Prize Supplier an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license in perpetuity to reproduce, distribute, adapt, modify, publicly perform, and display the Team’s uploaded content, and otherwise use and exploit all or any part of the Team’s uploaded content entry by any method (now existing or later developed) for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to hosting and displaying the content on UA and Prize Supplier’s websites in conjunction with the promotion of UA and Prize Supplier’s products.
By submitting a photo, video or any other content by way of an entry for the Competition, each Entrant: (a) warrants and represents that he/she owns the rights to the content submitted and that the content submitted is: (i) original to him/her and has been legally obtained and created, (ii) does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party and is not libelous, slanderous, or defamatory in nature; (iii) contains only participants who are thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of submitting content and who have obtained parent's/legal guardian's permission to submit content; and (b) grants to UA and Prize Supplier a worldwide, royalty free, perpetual license to, copy and reproduce the photo, video or any other content uploaded by the Teams by way of an entry on the Competition Website; and (c) agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties against any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable legal and other professional costs) and liabilities relating to trade mark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy or defamation. Each Entrant hereby waives, releases and discharges any and all claims whatsoever against the Released Parties for its use and any content submitted thereto (including, but not limited to any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary rights in any information contained in the entry submitted to the Sponsor). All entries sent to the Sponsor will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary.
Each Entrant represents and warrants that its participation in the Competition and receipt of the prize does not and will not violate any agreement to which it is a party or by which it is otherwise bound. Breach of any of the foregoing representations shall disqualify an Entrant from being chosen as the winner.
Each Entrant agrees that the Sponsor is not required to use the information contained in the entry in any manner. Sponsor may remove a portion of or the entire uploaded content at any time without notice to Entrant and the Sponsor will have no obligation to return any content provided by an Entrant.
11. General Conditions: Noncompliance with these Terms and Conditions may result in disqualification and all associated entries will be void. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BY ANY ENTRANT OR TEAM MEMBER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY AN ENTRANT OR PARTICIPANT THAT WILL BRING SUCH ENTRANT/PARTICIPANT OR SPONSOR OR PRIZE SUPPLIER INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S, OR PRIZE SUPPLIER’S SOLE DISCRETION, AS APPLICABLE) WILL RESULT IN SUCH ENTRANT/TEAM MEMBER DISQUALIFICATION AS AN ENTRANT/PARTICIPANT AND AS A WINNER OF THIS COMPETITION, AS THE CASE MAY BE, AND ALL PRIZES WILL BE IMMEDIATELY FORFEITED AND TERMINATED. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Competition at any time. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry if an Entrant/participant or other individual is tampering with that Entrant’s entry process or the operation of the Competition or acts in violation of these Terms and Conditions or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition contained in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise connected with the Competition; (2) computer, online, telephone, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, garbled or jumbled transmissions, service provider, Internet, web site or other accessibility or availability issues, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention or any technical malfunctions that may occur; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Competition; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an Entrant/participant in the Competition or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. The Released Parties make no representation or warranties concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prizes awarded. If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Competition. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
13. Data Protection: Each Entrant acknowledges that personal data submitted on the Team Authorization form or entry will be collected, stored and processed in accordance with the applicable legislations for the purposes of administering and assessing the Competition, and will at all times be subject to the Sponsor's Privacy Statement located at http://www.underarmour.ca and Prize Supplier’s Privacy Statement at https://www.nhl.com/oilers/team/privacy-policy. The Sponsor may, in accordance with the applicable legislation, share the Entrant's/participant’s details with its partners, including but not limited to Prize Supplier. Each participant must obtain their parent's or legal guardian's permission to submit such personal data. Sponsor and Prize Supplier reserve the right to exchange information and data regarding the details of any prize winner's shipping address with third party shipping providers, if required. All personal data that is submitted by an Entrant in connection with the Competition will be used by Sponsor in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. Sponsor will use the personal data submitted to process entries. By submitting information on the Team Authorization form or content on the entry, each Entrant expressly agrees that Sponsor may share such data with its parent and affiliate companies anywhere in the world and Sponsor or its parent and affiliate companies may use the data submitted on the Team Authorization form or Team Storm the Centre Page in accordance with Sponsor's Privacy Statement located at www.underarmour.ca and https://www.nhl.com/oilers/team/privacy-policy.
14. Winner List: To find out the winner and teams who have advanced, visit Edmontonoilers.com/stormthecentre or send a self-addressed stamped envelope after January 1, 2018 to: Under Armour, Attn: Storm the Centre Competition, 215 Shields Court, Suite 1, Markham, ON L3R 8V2.
15. Prize Supplier: The role of OEG and the Edmonton Oilers in this Competition is limited to that of a Prize supplier and the hosting of certain Competition elements on Edmontonoilers.com. Prize Supplier assumes no responsibility for the administration of this Competition or the selection of Prize winners and all such responsibilities rest solely with UA.
16. Amateur Athletes: Any student athlete subject to amateur athlete eligibility restrictions who participates in the Competition is responsible for his or her own collegiate/high school eligibility and/or amateur standing. Such student athletes must comply with all rules, regulations, and bylaws of their high school state association and of any national federation responsible for administering or regulating interscholastic athletics, and of the NCAA or other regulatory authority, that may be applicable to their participation in the Competition. For example, such student athletes may be restricted from appearing in Competition content in uniform. By participating in the Competition, student athletes acknowledge their understanding of the consequences of any failure to comply with such rules, including but not limited to, loss of their eligibility to participate in future athletic contests in any sport at the high school, collegiate or other level. SPONSOR AND PRIZE SUPPLIER ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR PARTICIPATION IN THIS COMPETITION RESULTING IN INELIGIBILITY AS AN AMATEUR ATHLETE.
(The Edmonton Oilers name and associated logos are trademarks of Edmonton Oilers Hockey Corp. and are used under license.)